There are many couples who seek to include in their day-to-day or in their holidays a trip or getaway that combines in addition to other aspects, a romantic ingredient that puts the finishing touch to the experience and makes this an unforgettable trip.
We know that there are thousands of options and many of them go through the most typical trips, so in this post, we wanted to include several romantic destinations, very different from each other, but that always combine culture, relaxation, nature and that romantic touch that we are sure you will love. Started!
Venice, the city of love and one of the most romantic cities in Europe
It is impossible not to include Venice in the list of the most romantic destinations in the world and more if we take into account that this city, with the charm of its canals, has become one of the most demanded trips by couples from all over the world who want to know firsthand, this romantic European city.
With places like the Doge’s Palace, the Rialto Bridge, the Grand Canal, St. Mark’s Square, the Dorsoduro neighborhood or the islands of Burano and Murano, among many other places to visit in Venice, we assure you that this trip will become one of the most romantic experiences you have ever lived.
In addition, Venice has the attraction that it does not take many days to get to know it, something that fits perfectly with a getaway for Valentine’s Day if you want to give your partner a surprise.
Greek Islands, one of the most recommended romantic trips in Europe
The Greek Islands are without a doubt, another of the most recommended romantic trips in addition to being a perfect destination, since depending on the days you have, you can combine more or fewer islands.
Although logically it depends a lot on your tastes, we would opt for Mykonos and Santorini, two of the best Greek islands if you have 2-3 days to dedicate to each of them, adding Naxos and Paros, for example, if you have more days.
Another option, also very romantic and recommended in this destination would be to take a cruise through the Greek islands, which is one of the best trips you can make in your life.
- Recommended time: it depends a lot on the island you want to visit, but in principle, 3-4 days would be recommended on islands such as Mykonos, Santorini, Naxos or Paros.
- Best time: we recommend you to travel in the months of June or September, months in which there is less tourism and the weather is very good. In this article about tips for traveling to Greece, you have all the important information you need before making the trip.
- Budget: the price of accommodation depends on the island, but more or less the reference is about $100/night in Mykonos and Santorini and about 60-70 in Naxos or Paros. The price of the restaurants is about $40/day in mid-range restaurants.
- Romantic experience at the destination: a sunset in Oía in Santorini or in Little Venice in Mykonos are safe bets if you want to surprise your partner.
- To have all the information about one of the most romantic destinations in the world, be sure to read the Greece guide.
Go on a safari in Africa, one of the most special romantic trips
You can do safaris in many countries in Africa, each with its own characteristics. In this case, we are going to focus on the options of Kenya and Tanzania in addition to South Africa since in addition to being two quite different concepts, they are the ones that we have done and can recommend.
In the case of Kenya or Tanzania, the most common is to make the trip organized, since it is a little more complicated to do it for free if you have a few days and also, the safaris must be done with a car/guide. Despite that, the postcard landscapes of the savannah in both countries are postcards and justify any extra expenses. If you add to that the possibility of organizing a private trip and staying in lodges, without a doubt, this is one of the most special romantic trips you can imagine.
With quite different characteristics we have the option of doing a safari in South Africa, a country that allows you to rent a car and free access to its parks, something that makes this experience really attractive and unique.
Although there are several destinations in which to go on safari in this country, we recommend you visit the Kruger National Park, which is impressive, since there is nothing that equals the experience of doing a safari in the Kruger for free.
If you have more days, we recommend you do not miss the experience of touring the Cape Peninsula, do some whale watching in Hermanus, see hippos in St. Lucia and visit Hlane Park in Swaziland, all of them among the most recommended places to see in South Africa.
- Recommended time: if it is to Kenya or Tanzania, with 12-15 days you can do a very complete combination of safari plus beach. In the case of South Africa, if you only want to visit Kruger Park, within 4-5 days you can have an unforgettable experience, although if you want to know more places in the country, we recommend about 3 weeks.
- Best time: the months of April and May, October and November are perfect to observe fauna, since it is the moment in which the first and autumn begins and with them also the good weather typical of these dates. We recommend you read the post tips for traveling to South Africa before making this trip.
- Budget: for an organized trip to Kenya and Tanzania of about 15 days you must have more or less $3500 per person. For South Africa, with about $100 per person per day, you cover accommodation, rental car, food and tickets to natural parks.
- Romantic experience in the destination: if your budget is comfortable, in Kenya or Tanzania you can stay in a luxury lodge that in most cases also includes safaris.
- To have all the information about this romantic trip, be sure to read the South Africa travel guide.
Paris, one of the most romantic cities in the world
Known as the city of love, Paris is one of the most stunning destinations you can imagine as well as one of the most romantic cities in the world.
In addition, one of its great attractions is that it can be visited in a couple of days, something that makes it another of the best Valentine’s Day getaways or to celebrate a special occasion.
Can you imagine already walking along the Champs-Elysées? We assure you that this is just one of the many places to visit in Paris that will leave you speechless.
- Recommended time: with 2-3 days you can see most of the essential places in the city.
- Best time: although any time is good to travel to Paris, we recommend doing it in the months of April-May or September-October, when the weather is good and there is not so much tourism. We recommend you follow these tips to travel to Paris so you don’t miss anything about the city.
- Budget: central hotels have an average price of $100/night and you can eat in mid-range restaurants for about 60 euros/day. You can find more information about these topics in the post about where to stay in Paris and where to eat in Paris.
- Romantic experience in the destination: an unforgettable experience in the city is to take a boat ride on the Seine at dusk or a cruise with a gourmet dinner.
- To have all the information about this romantic city.
The Maldives, a perfect destination to visit as a couple
Although you can travel to the Maldives with a low-cost budget, staying on local islands, if you want to have a most romantic experience and it enters your budget, we recommend you look for a resort on a private island and stay in a water villa or houses on the water, which we assure you, are a real wonder of the world.
Keep in mind that the Maldives is one of the most romantic destinations in the world, but at the same time it is a trip normally associated with relaxation, so if you want to add some action, another option is to combine it with Sri Lanka, where you can spend a couple of weeks discovering the places to see in Sri Lanka essential for later, finish the trip in the Maldives.
- Recommended time: One week is enough time to enjoy this romantic trip.
- Best time: Although any time is good, the months of November to April are normally less rainy. We recommend you follow these tips to travel to Sri Lanka and the Maldives so as not to miss anything.
- Budget: the prices of resorts on private islands have very different prices, but if you are looking for one of the medium-high categories, the average is about $300/night in a beach bungalow and about $500/night in a water villa.
- Romantic experience in the destination: the experience of sleeping in a house on the water, without a doubt is one of the most romantic in the world.
Where else do you recommend? tell us in the comment section. See y’all in 2022, happy holidays.